Everyone should care about his daily food system, as it’s important for their general health since it can prevent many health problems including erectile dysfunction, as known that erectile dysfunction is usually caused by blood circulation problems that is originally related to the health of the heart that’s why you need to keep a healthy food diet to insure good heart health which means no erectile dysfunction.
A good famous heart food diet is the Mediterranean diet which focus on vegetables, fresh fruits, whole gains, healthy fats and adequate quantities of spices.
About Mediterranean diet
- Fresh fruit and vegetables: 10 portions of fruit and vegetables is daily required as this type of food is full of nutrients and antioxidant qualities, so in this diet snacks can be replaced with carrots, apples and bananas for example.
- Carbohydrates: refined carbohydrates can be replaced by whole-grain breads, cereals, rice and pasta, food with saturated fats such as deep fried food and red meat, sausage, needs to be disposed, and replaced by portions of chicken and fresh fish such as salmon, tuna and mackerel, oil and butter should be replaced by olive oil.
- Nuts and seeds: are important to get healthy oil.
- Sodium foods: should be decreased by using low quantities of Sault, or by replacing it with certain spices that gives food special taste.
Diabetes and erectile dysfunction
As diabetes affects the blood vessels, it increases the risk of erectile dysfunction and sometimes can cause the penis nerve to be damaged.
According to studies 500 men with diabetes participated a Mediterranean diet has excellent results of lower prevalence of erectile dysfunction especially for those who were adhering following the diet. ( study published in -Journal of Sexual Medicine –issue, research conducted by a team from the University of Naples, Italy ).
It’s widely known that some types of food such as oysters, scallops, olives, chocolate, anchovies and chilies can be helpful for men suffering from erectile dysfunction, as they say that these food can enhance sexual desire, but according to a research team in the university of Malaysia it didn’t confirm any benefits concerning this issue (ED).
Advices concerning erectile dysfunction
- Diets should be supervised by qualified center, so that it could help you in erectile dysfunction.
- Having a system of sport and having a healthy and energetic life style which maintains and keeps you on optimal weight helps in preventing erectile dysfunction.
- Also you should remember that diet alone can’t replace oral medications prescribed by your doctor erectile dysfunction.